Latest Covid-19 Updates
LATEST UPDATE 5th January 2021
As you will know, earlier this week the Government put England into a period of national lockdown until at least 15 February 2021. We know this makes it a difficult time for our residents and we’re working with agencies across Salford to make sure everyone feels supported. This update explains a bit about how this will affect our services to you
The new national lockdown guidance means we need to consider the Covid-secure services we already offer and adapt them to ensure everyone stays safe and complies with government guidance. Therefore:
- We will still be carrying out urgent and emergency repairs, however we will not prioritise any non-essential repairs during the lockdown period. We may undertake some routine repairs e.g. if they are external such as gutters.
- Our Brotherton House office remains closed to the public.
- We will continue to carry out gas and electrical safety tests to meet our legal obligations where it is safe to do so. If you are shielding or self-isolating, we will work with you to find a way to carry out the compliance checks safely.
- Our estate services team will continue to supply the enhanced cleaning service that is in place as well as grounds maintenance work.
- The essential fire safety works will continue as planned, in line with the Government guidance and with Covid safe working practices.
- All other services will operate remotely where possible.
During the next few months, we expect that illness, self-isolation and childcare will affect the availability of some of our staff. We have prepared for this and plan for our service to continue as normal. It may mean, however, that there are occasional delays or re-scheduling that is unavoidable. We apologise if this does occur and appreciate your understanding.
We want to ensure you feel supported and we know that many people have been made redundant or are on reduced wages. During the Covid-19 pandemic, no one will be evicted for non-payment of rent. However, if you think you may be unable to pay rent now or in the future it is essential that you contact us as soon as possible so that we can listen, understand and help. You can find out more on our website.
If you normally pay your rent at a shop and are unable to travel due to shielding or self-isolation, please contact us to find out how you can pay your rent by phone or online.
We will continue to main contact with vulnerable customers by text and by telephone to provide advice where we can. In addition to this we are working with The Spirit of Salford to ensure you can get the support you need, whether that’s for shopping, advice or just for someone to talk to. Please call The Spirit of Salford Helpline on 0800 952 1000.
How you can help us
We hope you’ll be able to work with us to help keep our services running and everyone safe. You can help by doing the following:
- Follow the Covid-19 guidance, which you can access from our website. If we are visiting your home and you have symptoms and/or are self–isolating, please tell us as soon as possible.
- Before booking an appointment or repair, please consider whether this is essential that it is done before the end of February. If it can wait, please do not book it now. However, if you feel it is essential, an emergency or that you may be at harm if it is not undertaken urgently, please do book it as normal.
- Can you do it online? Many services can be booked online, which saves time and resources.
- If you have an appointment, please ensure you are in. If you need to change it, please let us know as soon as possible. Our technicians will call in advance to check it is still safe for you and them to carry on with the appointment, will maintain social distancing and will wear appropriate PPE. If possible, please open the windows in the room that the technician will be attending. Please move to another room in your home whilst your repair is being completed.
- Before calling us with a question, check our website. Within the “Contact us” section is a “triage” that provides answers to many common questions. Only contact us if you can’t find the answer to your question there.
Thank you for your understanding at this time.