Test Letter Page
On this page you can:
- Hear the letter read out, usually in your preferred language.
- Read the letter in your preferred language
- Read the letter using different fonts or colours
- Download and print the original letter
- Get more detail about the letter
To see or hear the letter in your preferred language:
- Press the ReciteMe button at the bottom of the the screen (bottom left if on a laptop or desktop computer)
- On the toolbar that appears, select your preferred language. Languages with a speaker icon will also read it in that language. You can also select preferred font and colours if that helps you read it.
- Reload this page
- On the toolbar, press the play button
- Move down to where it says “Letter text” and click.
- Click on each line to hear it read out
THE KEY POINTS FROM THE LETTER:
- There will be fire drills on the dates mentioned. They are for the workforce only.
- You will hear alarms, but you do not need to do anything.
- Do not be worried. If there is a real fire, the fire marshals will alert you.
- You can come and go as normal.
As part of the programme of works, it is important that we keep our residents and our workforce safe. One important part of this is fire safety.
As part of our approach to safety, the construction workers need to be prepared to raise the alarm in the event of a fire and evacuate safely.
In order to check their systems are working they need to do some test evacuations. Residents will not need to be involved, but may well notice the exercise taking place. There is no cause for alarm. In the event of a real fire, the waking watch will raise the alarm as normal.
The evacuation exercises will take place on the following dates:
Spruce and Thorn: 26th May 2021, 15th August 2021, 17th November 2021, 23rd February 2022
Salix, Malus, Beech, Hornbeam, Whitebeam: 23rd June 2021, 22nd September 2021, 15th December 2021, 3rd March 2022
Plane & Holm: 21st July, 20th October 2021, 26th January, 27th April 2022
During the evacuations the following will happen:
An alarm will sound within the construction site (NOT the main building alarms) for up to 13 minutes.
The workforce will evacuate as if there was a fire, but residents do not need to do so.
The mast-climbers will all lower to ground floor level
The workforce will gather at assembly points outside and be checked off – you will see this, but you do not need to do anything.
During this time you will be able to come in and out of the building and use the lifts as normal.
We hope this won’t cause you any distress, If you have any concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Resident Liaison Coordinator
Download Letter as PDF
You can download the letter as a PDF file by clicking here.