Beat the heat!
With the forecasters predicting very hot weather, it's important you take the appropriate action to make sure you stay safe.
The Met Office raises an alert if there is a high chance that an average temperature of 30C by day and 15C overnight will occur over the next two to three days.
These temperatures can have a significant effect on people's health if they last for at least two days and the night in between.
Although you don't need to take any immediate action, follow these steps in preparation:
- Stay tuned to the weather forecast on the radio, TV or social media, or the Met Office.
- If you're planning to travel, check the forecast at your destination
- Learn how to keep cool at home with the Government's checklist
- The helpful guide can be dowloaded here
- Also, here's a leaflet with some top tips to keep cool in the heat.