Pendleton Together has been honoured at one of the housing sector’s biggest awards ceremonies.
Our apprenticeship programme won a highly commended at the 24 Housing Awards at the Ricoh Arena.
The judges were impressed with how we’ve been able to create new jobs and new opportunities.
We’ve developed a bespoke pre-employment framework to provide routes into employment, including; job clubs; digital skills; interview preparation; mentoring; traineeships and work placements.
So far, 323 new jobs have been created;
- 40% of the local workforce is a Salford resident;
- 80 new apprentices have been taken on and more are in the pipeline;
- 10 apprentices have completed their training. Five remain employed by their employer and five secured a job elsewhere;
- 144 work placements completed to date, 40 of these have gained employment on the project
- £492,028 Social Value has been generated from the work placement programme.
Many congratulations to everyone involved!