A message from your Scrutiny Group
Have you been affected by welfare reform changes, such as under occupancy penalty (bedroom tax), the benefit cap or Universal Credit?
If so, we’d like to hear from you.
What is the Scrutiny Group?
We are a group of tenant volunteers from right across Together Housing. We scrutinise the housing services provided by our landlord. We look at how services are delivered and how this could be improved.
Currently we are researching how the welfare reform changes have impacted on Together Housing customers. For example:
- Have the changes resulted in you moving or looking for a new home, possibly with another landlord due to the under occupancy penalty?
- Has the benefit cap left your family struggling to pay the bills?
- Do you worry about paying the rent each week?
- Have you found it difficult to manage your money now you get a single payment each month?
- Have you been able to keep your home warm this winter?
We would like to include your real life stories in our report.
You will not be identified in the report, so you can tell us your story in confidence.