Skip to main content

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

This is a new benefit for people who are disabled or have a long term sickness aged 16 - 64.

If you are not currently claiming Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

You may be able to claim Personal Independence Payment.

See this information from Citizens Advice to check if you could be eligible.

Alternatively, you can contact our Welfare Benefit Officers  for advice and support.


If you are already claiming Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and aged 16 – 64.

During 2015 or later, you may be invited to claim Personal Independence Payment to replace your Disability Living Allowance.

You will receive a letter from the DWP (Department for Work and Pensions) to explain how to claim. Click here for information on when this might affect you.

It is very important you respond to this letter, otherwise your DLA could stop.

Our Welfare Benefit Officers can help you through this process.

Your toolbox

Need a repair? Or just want to check on your account? No problem! Use these links to make your life that little bit easier


Live Chat