Domestic Abuse

This is a criminal offence and you need to report this to the Police immediately, you must also let them know if you are concerned about your safety, or that of others.

Domestic Abuse is the use of power for one person to control another in a family or intimate relationship.

The abuse can take many forms; for example, physical, psychological, emotional or sexual. It can also include frightening or abusing you or your children – or damaging your property.

If you are faced with the immediate threat of violence:

  • Call 999 and ask for the police (or ask someone to do it for you)
  • Go to a safe place (not the kitchen), stay near a door and if in doubt, leave the premises.
  • Brotherton House is a safe space for reporting domestic abuse. if we are open you can come in and report this to our staff in confidence.

You can also find support in Salford on Salford City Council website.

Share This
Supporting You Anti-social Behaviour Domestic Abuse