Skip to main content

Contents Insurance

You may not think you need to worry about insurance. But, Together Housing Association does not insure your furniture, belongings, or decorations against theft, flood, fire, vandalism or burst pipes....

We are only responsible for insuring the building (the bricks, walls and roof), it is up to you, as a tenant to protect yourself when it comes to insuring your property’s contents.

Home contents insurance covers you and your household against loss, theft or damage to your personal and home possessions. It can also cover you if you take items out of the home, on holiday, for example.

You don't have to take out home contents insurance. However, it's a good idea to do so because if any of your contents are lost, stolen or damaged you will have to pay to replace them. The cost of replacing your possessions, if you lost them through a fire, flood or burglary could run into thousands of pounds.

Make sure you protect key items such as televisions and set-top boxes, computers (including laptops and tablets), bicycles, kitchen appliances, music or DVD collections, mobile phones, clothes and jewellery.

Unfortunately some residents only realise this after the damage has been done. We make it easy for you to insure your belongings under a special household contents insurance scheme. The insurance is arranged with Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc and is available only to our residents.

You can apply for our special housing contents insurance scheme below, or you can browse and find other insurers through websites such as Compare the MarketGo Compare or Money Supermarket which allow you to see multiple quotes from a number of suppliers and pick the cover that is best for you.

Your toolbox

Need a repair? Or just want to check on your account? No problem! Use these links to make your life that little bit easier