Being Prepared for Universal Credit
f you’re already on one of the benefits or tax credits affected, you will be told by the Jobcentre when you need to claim UC at some time in the next 2-3 years.
To claim Universal Credit you will need:
- A mobile phone or other device that can receive text messages.
- An email address.
- Your national insurance number.
- Your rent details and landlord’s address.
- Details of any earning and other income, including childcare costs.
- Access to a computer or device connected to the internet.
- Photo ID such as a passport or driving licence.
- A bank account or similar account for the money to be paid into.
Contact us if you make a claim for Universal Credit so we can help you make arrangements to pay your rent and provide support if you need it.
If you need help with Universal Credit please call our Customer Service Centre on 0300 555 5567 and one of our friendly expert Advisors will assist you.
Universal Credit Telephone Lines
The Universal Credit Helpline is 0800 328 5644 and is free from landlines and mobiles, so nobody will be charged when they need to call to get help with their Universal Cred