Contents Insurance

You may not think you need to worry about insurance, but we don’t insure your furniture, belongings and other personal items within your home against theft, fire, vandalism, burst pipes and other household risks.

We are only responsible for insuring the building – the bricks, walls and roof. It is up to you to protect yourself when it comes to insuring your property’s contents.
Home contents insurance covers you and your household against loss, theft or damage to your personal possessions. Depending on the level of cover you take, it can also cover you for items taken outside the home, for example, whilst on holiday.

We have negotiated a special discounted rate Contents Insurance policy with Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance Plc that is available for all our tenants and residents.
Our specially negotiated insurance will cover most of your household goods and contents, such as your furniture, TV, clothing, carpets, electrical items and general household goods. It will also cover you against loss or damage caused by specific events such as theft, fire and flood. You can choose to add additional Accidental Damage to your policy, which will protect you in the event of an accident.

This policy insures your contents on a “new-for-old” basis, meaning items would be replaced as new if destroyed by an event insured by the policy.
Weekly payments start from only 49p for £4000 of cover, and you can choose to pay your premiums, fortnightly or monthly by payment card, monthly by direct debit or annually by cheque, debit or credit card.

You can apply for our special housing contents insurance scheme by visiting Your Account. You can choose to find your own insurance policy through websites such as Compare the Market, Go Compare or Money Supermarket which allow you to see multiple quotes from a number of suppliers and pick the cover that is best for you.

Share This
Tenants Contents Insurance