Burst Pipes and Leaks

If you find a leak in your property the first course of action should be to prevent the spread of water. This could be as simple as putting a bucket under the leak, or adding a towel to soak up the excess water.

For more information on what to do if you have a leak, please watch the video below.

If you discover a major water leak, you need to switch off your mains water supply at the Stop Tap. You should have been made aware of its location when you moved in – if you are unsure, please contact us.

Some of our properties have been fitted with a Sure Start Remote Stop Cock. A Sure Start Remote Stop Cock, replaces your old Stop Tap with an easy to use switch, often located under your sink, or above your kitchen work surfaces. You should have been made aware of where, and how to use it when you moved in, but if you are unsure please contact us. You can also find a range of information on the Sure Start Remote Stop Cock by clicking here.

Once you have isolated the water supply, you need to contact us to report a repair and you will be offered an appointment where an engineer will visit you.
If there is the risk of flooding your property, or risk to life, for example where water is touching electrical cables or where the tenant has special needs, you must call us to report your repair.

Share This
Tenants Tenant Toolkit Household Emergencies Burst Pipes and Leaks