Skip to main content
The Your Account area of our website is currently unavailable - please use the Pendleton Together app to access your account

Moving into your new home

You should make the following arrangements as soon as you know what date your tenancy will start:

  • Arrange your gas and electricity connections for the day you move in, if supplies have been disconnected.
  • If they haven’t, take final meter readings and let the supply companies know that you are the new tenant.
  • Let us know at least 48 hours before you intend to move in so we can make the necessary access arrangements, such as commissioning and servicing gas appliances and handing over keys.
  • You will need to contact the Post Office to re-direct mail to your new home. You also need to let the water company and local council know when you are moving in, as you are responsible for your own water charges and council tax payments. You must make arrangements for a qualified electrician or "Gas Safe" registered plumber to install your cooker.
  • Make the other occupancy arrangements you need such as connecting your telephone and buying your TV licence.

Here are some other handy tips you should consider.

Stop tap, fuses and trip switches Find out where these are. The stop tap for the water is usually under the kitchen sink.

Keys We don’t keep spare keys. Keep a note of your key numbers and make sure that you have a spare key - you will have to pay for any additional ones. On some schemes, there are special security keys and you will need a letter from us before anyone will cut you one. You will need to replace lost keys or pay for lock changes, so leave a spare set with a relative if you can.

Insurance We strongly recommend you take up home contents insurance. For more details please contact us or click here for an application form.

Your toolbox

Need a repair? Or just want to check on your account? No problem! Use these links to make your life that little bit easier