Skip to main content

This refers to the repairing of vehicles in the street and is aimed at those carrying out repairs as part of running a vehicle repair business, and not individuals repairing their own cars/bikes.

If you are being disturbed by a neighbour carrying out repairs, start by speaking to them, they may not be aware they are disturbing you. If the problem continues and you believe an offence is occurring then you can either:

If it is on a public highway, contact the Local Authority who can investigate and consider action under the Clean Neighbourhood and Environment Act 2005.

If the land is owned by Together Housing Association, and they are causing a persistent noise nuisance by undertaking the repairs, please refer to our ‘Noise from Vehicles’ section for guidance.

Your toolbox

Need a repair? Or just want to check on your account? No problem! Use these links to make your life that little bit easier


Live Chat